This role will be located in the heart of the Kitchener Waterloo tech community at our downtown Kitchener office.
At Primal we believe an individual’s passions and interests are the most valuable resource on earth. The ability to insightfully connect seemingly unrelated information via passionate interests is the critical source of invention and human ingenuity. This is why we have invested over 10 years building an artificial intelligence platform that can understand the human interests being expressed in digital mediums at the level of an individual. But at scale. When a human can be left to think freely and pursue their interests with all the right information they need arriving as they need it, great things happen.
In This Role You Will
- Work with software engineers and data scientists to deploy AI capabilities and machine learning models in production
- Implement scalable, robust ETL/ELT data pipelines
- Work collaboratively with product management and data scientists
- Contribute towards continuous improvement across data and engineering department
- Work with software engineering to design, build, maintain and optimize our data management and analytics pipeline
- Perform data analysis, quality assessments, cleaning, imputation and data aggregation tasks
- Develop processes and frameworks to ensure data and model quality
- Diagnose and repair data issues and assist customers with technical problems
We are looking for…
- Solid understanding of data engineering best practices (batch data processing, streaming, etc.)
- Understanding of software engineering fundamentals and principles
- Familiarity with data engineering tools; ElasticSearch, Spark, Airflow, Luigi, Hive
- Proficiency with cloud technologies (Docker, REST APIs )
- Proficiency in Python, Graph Databases, and *NIX environments
- 3+ years of related industry experience
- Interest in natural language processing and understanding
- Flex time, flex place, but expectation of weekly direct interactions with the team.
- Results-oriented: time is not the essence.
Why work at Primal?
Primal wants to challenge you. We are looking for team members who believe that artificial intelligence can truly better our world through the pursuit of understanding interests. With 50 patents granted in the machine learning and knowledge representation space, we are accelerating our efforts to build commercial products that allow marketers, researchers, and developers to take advantage of semantic synthesis and its ability to understand people.
Interested? We would love to hear from you: email@example.com